On Piazza Navona the renowed Palazzo Pamphilj
. It was built between 1644 and 1650 and since 1920 the palace has housed the Brazilian Embassy in Italy.In the center stands the famous “Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi” or Fountain of the Four Rivers (1651) by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, topped by the Obelisk of Domitian. There are two other fountains: the Fontana del Moro, at the southern end, with a basin and four Tritons sculpted by Giacomo della Porta (1575) to which, in 1673, Bernini added a statue of a Moor, wrestling with a dolphin; the Fountain of Neptune (1574), at the northern end, also created by Giacomo della Porta.
Sant'Agnese in Agone
Sant'Agnese in Agone (also called Sant'Agnese in Piazza Navona) is the 17th-century Baroque church which faces onto Piazza Navona. It is the site where the Early Christian Saint Agnes was martyred in the ancient Stadium of Domitian.
In proximity of Piazza Navona
In proximity of Piazza Navona there is an important cloister, the “Chiostro del Bramante”, one of the high points of Renaissance architecture in Rome and the central element of what was originally a monastery complex which also included the adjacent church of “Santa Maria della Pace”. The cloister is a space open to the public which offers a comprehensive range of cultural services and options for social meetings.
Furthermore, not so far from Piazza Navona, there is one of the most important High Renaissance palaces in Rome, Palazzo Farnese. Owned by the Italian Republic, it was given to the French government in 1936 for a period of 99 years, and currently serves as the French embassy in Italy.